Cardiovascular Services at UCHealth Memorial Hospital
We are a Colorado Springs cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (EP) practice serving the southern Colorado region. We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary services that range from diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation.
Our cardiologists and electrophysiologists work together to coordinate each patient’s heart care from the start. This team approach gives patients immediate expert medical opinions, which assures an integrated heart care plan and allows treatment to start sooner.
Advanced heart care treatment
We specialize in implanting the WATCHMAN™ device, a permanent, one-time implant to keep harmful blood clots from entering your blood stream and potentially causing a stroke. This one-time implant will not need to be replaced.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a leading-edge, minimally-invasive procedure that replaces damaged aortic valves in patients who are too sick for open-heart surgery.
Our heart experts have years of TAVR experience. We use a minimalist approach which allows you to be awake with conscious sedation during the procedure and allows you to go home with a new valve the next day without feeling the effects of volatile anesthesia.
Awards and recognition
Highest quality cardiology and electrophysiology care
Our cardiology team is nationally recognized and committed to providing the highest quality care in the region. Our Atrial fibrillation program is accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care which means that we evaluate and manage patients with A-fib more precisely, improve patient outcomes, and educate patients and healthcare providers leading to more effective and efficient disease control.
Faster heart attack care
“Time is muscle.” At Memorial, the average door-to-balloon time is 52 minutes, considerably faster than the national average of 64 minutes.
A nationally-recognized program
- Recipient of the 2017 Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Memorial Hospital has demonstrated sustained achievement in ACTION Registry for eight consecutive quarters and met a performance standard of 90% for specific performance measures to receive this award.
- Platinum is the highest achievement offered by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology.
- Awarded a three-star rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the highest rating available.
- Memorial was the first hospital in Colorado to offer hybrid ablation for patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Memorial is the only hospital in southern Colorado with a cardiac PET scan.
- Memorial is the only hospital in southern Colorado with a congestive heart failure clinic.
- Memorial is a regional leader in women’s heart health research.