5 Questions with Mark Brown, PhD Memorial Hospital Foundation Board Member
Dr. Brown holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Religious Education, a Master’s in Biblical Counseling, and a PhD in Theology with a focus in Christian Counseling. He and his wife, Gail, have 4 children, 5 grandchildren and one on the way. They are the owners of Pikes Peak Motivation, training leaders in Motivational Speaking and Education. Dr. Brown is also a Registered Psychotherapist in Private Practice at In His Service Counseling.
1. What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
Integrity, which is synonymous with trustworthiness, without this quality, no true leader can lead or be believed to hold his team’s best interest in mind or that of the community s/he serves.
2. Describe yourself in 3 words:
I am motivated, educated, dedicated
3. What do you do in your spare time?
I like to hike this great state of ours. The more rugged, the better.
4. If you could have a dinner party and invite 4 people, dead or alive, the guest list would be:
Misashi of Japan, Winston Churchill of England, Elvis, and Gandhi: War and peace, entertainment and hope all at the same table breaking bread together.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Antartica to swim with the penguins. Every once in awhile, you just need to get away to a place where it gets balmy – 89f!